With the winter chill in the air, you may already be dreaming about which trips you want to take in the spring and summer months. Packing up the kids and hitting the road in your RV is an adventure like none other. However, if your RV is in need of some TLC before it’s ready for the open road, it might be a good idea to start knocking out some of those projects early. Today on the blog, your friends at Unlimited RV are discussing which RV service projects you can complete yourself and which ones are best left to the professional.
If you have a decent set of tools and a good knowledge of RV repairs, you can realistically tackle a few lighter upgrades for your RV, such as these:
- Cosmetic repairs- the off-season is a great time to give the interior of your RV a facelift. Consider updating the paint or wallpaper, installing new hardware on your cabinetry, and even switching out some outdated light fixtures for a new look.
- New furniture- another great way to freshen up your RV is by replacing old furniture with pieces that reflect your own personal style. We recommend keeping ergonomics in mind when replacing the cockpit seats as you’ll be sitting in them for long hours. Also, look for pieces that serve multiple purposes such as built-in storage spaces or extra spots to sleep.
As a full-service RV repair shop, our highly skilled team recommends leaving the following services to the professionals:
- Winterization and Storage Prep
- De-Winterization and Spring Prep
- RV Roof Maintenance and Repair
- Electrical Troubleshooting and Repair
- Appliance Troubleshooting and Repair
- Wheel Bearings
- Advanced Solar System Design and Installation
- Trailer Brake Maintenance
- Generator Maintenance and Oil Changes
- Accessory Installations
At Unlimited RV, we understand that it can be part of the fun to DIY some of your RV projects. However, if the project is out of your wheelhouse, it’s a good idea to leave it to the pros. To get more information or to request service, contact our team in Knoxville at (865) 200-4162.